Monday, May 11, 2009
Why I Love My Boys
Top Thirteen Reasons why this Momma loves her boys.
1. My boys hug. The kind of hug where their arms wrap so tight around your neck that you think you're going to get strangled but you don't really care because it just feels so good.
2. They are helpful, and even though it takes 4 days to get them to take the garbage out, they are usually pretty willing to do it. Especially if they get a sticker or two.
3. These boys are BOYS. They play pirates and soldiers and knights and indians, as well as cars, boats, planes and trains, but they aren't afraid to let a Barbie join in from time to time. Or a Polly Pocket either.
4. They "fix" stuff. Even if it's working perfectly fine, they will fix it until it's broken.
5. They protect me from bad guys.
6. One of them is always pestering the other, so I never get bored or tired of the silence.
7. They are cute as heck. It keeps me from killin' them when they are rotten.
8. Laughter. It's constant. They always make me laugh and the humor in our home never ends.
9. Every day snuggles. One of them was born with the ability to snuggle without hesitation, the other one has been very well trained. Their future wives will love me for that.
10. They are best friends. Where you see one, you'll see the other.
11. Both of them are very creative and artistic - my home is full of interesting art.
12. They love Jesus and remind me frequently "I love you just one love less than God."
13. And lastly, I love monkeys. I always have. And now I have 2 of my own, except mine don't throw poo.
Don't worry girls... I love you too! Your turn is comin!