Halloooo friends! Lea from the Shabby Olde Potting Shed tagged me before I could get away from her. This is a fun meme, and she's a fun daughter of the King, so take a gander at her lil' place and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I LIKE eggnog but I am a hot cocoa snob, and I really like the GOOD stuff.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Our presents are always wrapped and placed under the tree
3. Colored light on house/tree or white? Brand new blue LEDs on the house this year! But our tree is always covered in white lights.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I would if I had some. Do ya got any?
5. When do you put your decorations up? The house lights go up during Thanksgiving weekend, the tree just went up a couple days ago, and I'm still working on the rest of the box of STUFF.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Oh, definitely the relish tray. YEAH RIGHT! I'm a turkey and mashed potatoes girl. Yuuh-huuumm! Coming in a really close second is my momma's raspberry stuff. Is that the name of it? Raspberry STUFF?
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Getting up in the middle of the night, to just sit and stare at the sparkling Christmas tree. It was (and is) just a neat feeling.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? My parents didn't really push the Santa thing, so I never really had any sort of disappointment about him not being for real.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We always open just one!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? White lights, blue/white ribbon, snowman ornaments, and then lots of other ornaments that have sentimental meaning. Usually a couple from good friends, some we bought when the kids were little and then the handmade ones from the kids are the best.
11. Snow. Love it or dread it? LOVE it!!
12. Can you ice skate? I can! But I only ever do it on accident, never with actual skates, and it usually hurts, so I try not to.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Two gifts stand out in my mind right now - one year my brother and I woke up to huge (in our minds) matchbox car setups. Mine had a shipyard! It was so cool. The other most memorable gift was a doll I named Jenny.
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? That my children grow up to understand the REAL meaning of a gift. That it's not something they deserve, it's something given because we love them. JUST LIKE GOD DID FOR US!
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? CHEESECAKE with Cherries!! Or maybe it's Mom's Stained Glass Cookies. It could be my Aunt's 7 Layer Bars... oh my goodness, I just gained 5 more pounds.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Orange peel fights, right Dad??
17. What tops your Christmas tree? A white star
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? GIVING! I love giving gifts that are thought out and personal. I'd do it all the time if only my husband could afford it. hahaha!
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night
20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck?Yummy! Now I know what I forgot.
21. What do you want for Christmas? I want a new coffeemaker, but it's not exactly my fault that it broke the day AFTER the kids and Mr Nice Guy went shopping. Could you imagine? I also want my family to be happy together, and make a zillion memories!
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? Not usually, but it seems we host something at our house about now every year.
23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ's? Well, since I'm usually at CHURCH on Christmas Eve, I tend to stay away from Pajamas lest I embarass the poor old folks!
24. Do you own a Santa hat? There's one rolling around here somewhere. I just caught Kid #1 folding laundry while wearing it earlier. She looked so jolly.
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? It isn't normal for us yet. As a kid, we ALWAYS went to my Aunt & Uncle's house after our gifts were opened. Since my family is a blended family, we do something different each and every year. It's always a surprise! This year, we're going away on a vacation for Christmas! Just the six of us.
Now, I get to tag five others.
I'm pointing at:
Beth :: Outnumbered, Three to One
Dana:: From Chaos to Grace
Paula:: The Fraker Farm
Heidi:: Sacred and Profane
Livy :: Livy's Cafe
I'm also pointing at MOM and DAD! Now get on it... or I'll blog about it. (No pressure or anything)